Type : House
Land Size : 13 hectares
Council Rates : $2045
Swan Point Seclusion
An impressive and updated family home with stunning water views situated on 33 acres in desirable Kalgan with direct access to Oyster Harbour. Abutting the Foreshore Reserve to the West and bridle trail to the North, there is so much to explore on the property and in the immediate vicinity.
Following the driveway at the very end of Swan Point Road, you are welcomed into a very private setting with an impressive custom built home. Expansive living areas maximise the sweeping harbour views and the home benefits from verandah's on all sides. Remote controlled external sun blinds add to what is already a very efficient home thanks to the thermal mass of the mudbrick walls.
The main living area is vast, and the tongue and groove timber ceilings throughout are a real highlight. A solid timber kitchen serves this area well and has a very pleasant garden outlook. A large study nook or gallery space links the main living area to the huge games/ theatre room. This home has living space in abundance!
The main bedroom is very generous in size and features a walk-in robe, large ensuite and access out to the verandah and gardens. Two minor bedrooms both enjoy water and bush views and share a bathroom which contains a bath and sauna.
A practical laundry with solid timber cabinetry has it's own outside access, not to mention ample bench space, storage and hanging rack.
A matching mudbrick cottage was where the original owners first lived while building the house. This no longer has a kitchen or bathroom, but all the plumbing is still in place. There is a loft space upstairs and also a workshop or shed area below.
With the majority of the block being bush, there is plenty privacy and much to explore. Substantial clearing immediately below the house has enhanced the views. The trees were mulched onsite with some fallen timber remaining. Further mulching can be continued, or some may wish to develop this section of land into a pasture paddock. Channels, dams and soaks control and capture water runoff. The rear of the block is low lying and consists mostly of paperbark trees. It is an easy walk down to the harbour and Kalgan River, and the wildlife here is abundant!
• Custom built mudbrick, timber and colorbond home circa 1998/99
• 13.5ha or approximately 33.3 acres of land bordering Oyster Harbour
• Vast main living area, study nook/gallery space plus huge games/theatre room
• Feature timber tongue and groove ceilings throughout
• Timber doors, window frames and features recycled, hardwood lintels
• Fully ducted reverse cycle air conditioning with custom timber vents
• Large slow combustion wood fire to lounge area
• Full monitored security system
• 3KW solar system, 92,000l rainwater tank, bore, dams
• Mudbrick cottage that can be renovated for additional accommodation
• Close proximity to Kalgan River, Ledge, Gull Rock and Nanarup beaches, Mt Martin Botanic Park
• Great Southern Grammar is just down the road, approx. 17km to Albany CBD
There are few opportunities to purchase such a substantial landholding in this sought after semi-rural location. 120 Swan Point Road offers a very comfortable home with great views day and night plus plenty of potential to further improve the property if you choose. Please contact Rob or Monique for further information or a private viewing on 0411 615 806 or 0419 486 175.